Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Phil and I had a mellow New Year's Eve and just stayed in last night. This afternoon, we went to the New Year's Day Festival in Little Tokyo. They had a stage with dancing, booths with all kinds of food, and the Koyasan Buddhist Temple (above) was open fof the Fire Ritual. We just walked around a bit and actually ran into several friends along the way. This is a prototype I made last night. It was actually Phil's idea - it's a little sketchbook pouch.....
..with a pocket for your pens and pencils in the back. I used this thick, double sided wool that my mom gave me a long time ago - and she had had it for at least 20 years. The navy side and the checked sides are stuck together, so you could make a reversible coat or something.
These are some pencil cases which are much narrower and just have a plain back.
So, like most people, Phil and I wrote down all of our New Year's Resolutions today and some of them are:
-Learn to speak Japanese
-Save more money
-Eat healthy
Happy New Year everyone!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your new year's resolutions! I really need to work on mine.

Happy New Years and best wishes for lots of creative energy in 2007!