Sunday, December 31, 2006

Wax Marsupials et al..............

This is a table mat I made for my parents house last night. Phil and I also bought them this awesome clay owl bell for them to hang on their deck. Next to the owl are the two wax figurines we got at the Los Angeles Zoo today! I was so excited that they still had those machines - I have not been to the zoo in at least 15 years. Anyways, Phil and I bought year passes - that way I can gradually collect all 12 wax animals - and look at the real ones too. In the background are 30 more coasters for EPS waiting to be quilted. I did a bit of reorganizing at my worktable - thank goodness for that Ikea sale!
This is my favorite pic of the day - as people started to gather around, and as I scrambled to get my camera out - the lounging rhino promptly got up and disappeared into the back area. I caught this a split second before he was gone for good.
These are the four guys walking to an exhibit (L-R) Sam, Phil, Eisaku, my Bro Jason. Eisaku was the reason we planned this zoo trip. He is a 10 year old, well-mannered, brilliant artist and he is still on his Winter break. A while back, we told him that we would all take him to the zoo and sketch the animals - but it was a little to crowded to sketch - so we all kinda just had fun goofing off and searching for those wax animal machines! We plan to go back soon since many of the exhibits were under major construction. After the zoo, my bro had to take Eisaku back home and Sam, Phil, and I chilled out at Starbucks near our place for a while.

I got a second wind later that night and wound up sewing away for several hours. Now it's time to work on my list of New Year's resolutions....................



No comments: