Tuesday, June 20, 2006

TV Rots Your Brain - Awesome!!!



Okay, I am all for the handmade craft movement. I love the time and care people are able to put into a project, and the pride they feel when it is finished and admired. Nothing is better than doing creative things with your mind and your own two hands. I'm constantly being inspired by books and nature and the beauty of this world. But can I for a moment, sing the praises of something that may be looked upon as, well, the opposite of all those things?
Our new flatscreen TV!! I mean, our reasoning for this is that we just moved into this loft which is a quarter of the size of our old place, and we simply don't have room for a "regular" TV. The only solution was to have a TV that we could mount on the wall, up and out of the way. We have'nt hooked up our Direct TV yet but we watched our Pirates of the Caribbean DVD last night and it's awesome. So clear and big (37" yikes) I can't wait to be able to watch Everyday Italian, Divine Design, Meerkat Manor, Sugar Rush, Jeff Corwin Experience, Entourage........
I'm not posting a pic of it though cuz that's just too bougie. So here's some fabric that I've been coveting from Kitty Craft but probably won't get. Well of fto continue working on a special project for a special friend............

No comments: