Sunday, May 28, 2006

This Weeks finds....so far

These are some things gathered on my travels this week. A couple of really cool Japanese letter holders. The one with the fish is dye resist and the other is embroidered - look at the owls!
These are some leaf shaped melamine trays that I picked up at Jo-ann Fabrics of all places! The Japanese hair ornaments are vintage from my mom's days doing traditional Japanese/Okinawan dance.

This is an Oni (demon/ogre) mask we got at the $1.50 store - to go with the red one we got last week. Oni's were common fixtures in the Japanese fables I heard as a kid. The evil entity that was always present scared me so much - now they're just so cool to me.

Some recent button acquisitions. I could'nt resist the Peter Rabbit!


A cool Japanese pouch (Left) with an image of a Hana Fura card on it. It's a Japanese card game. And a couple of Japanese print dish towels.

Well off to J-Town again today for a lovely walk and some lunch. No work tomorrow! Yipeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

NINJAVITIS said...

I see the whole Watership Down theme going on here and it makes me sad you bastard. Fabrics make my eyes water and itch from the factory dust. Mom always says to wash it first before you wear it or you'll get butsu butsu.