Sunday, May 07, 2006

Frankie says Relax


Ahh... nothing like a hot bath after a day of doing nothing. Actually, we woke up at 11:30a and leisurely got dressed to walk to J-Town. We sat in the village square and ate breakfast and drew in our sketchbooks, and listened to some live music. I was waiting for the woman we affectionately call "The Ms. Havisham of J-Town" to start dancing. But today, she just sat at a table and softly clapped her hands to the music.
As we walked to Starbucks around the corner, I spotted my Dad, Mom, and Brother going into the Japanese American National Museum for a book reading. I mean, I knew they were going to be there, but it's just funny to look up and see your entire family across the street! We all waved hysterically and went on our way. Then we went to our favorite Japanese bookstore to buy more stuff we don't need - but that we really need!
We walked home and grabbed a couple of slices of pizza along the way. We came home and relaxed for a long time, looking at our new books, taking naps and whatnot. Also, I'm really excited about this new craft I just tried today but I'm not ready to post about it yet :)
Anyways, I just entered my dog Zero in Old Navy's Mascot contest!!! She'd be the best mascot ever! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments: