Sunday, December 10, 2006

Mele Kalikimaka

Yet another busy week is behind me - and a full one ahead of me. But I dare not complain when my family and friends are all safe and healthy. I was so sad about James Kim this week - I cannot even imagine what his family is going through. It's so great what Lisa and her family are doing. I totally missed the boat on participating in the auction, but there are still other ways to help out. These are just a few of my favorite Christmas cards from my vintage (60's-70's) collection. They were all my Mom's actually - one's that she has given and received. I love these Hawaiian ones. They were sent to her by her relatives after she moved here from Hawaii.

Today, I'm actually going to start working on some Christmas gifts that I've been meaning to make. I already dropped off all my goods to The Kids Are Alright and Elizabeth Paige Smith last week, so now I feel really freed up to just jam away on presents!!
We went to a Christmas party last night in the pouring rain - but we had fun. We have another one coming up this Friday which I am hoping to make a dress for - but we'll see how that goes. Well, off to sewing and watching the new Pirate's of the Caribbean!

No comments: