Monday, November 13, 2006

Super Bowl Sunday!

...well Rose Bowl actually. I went with my mom and my cousin and we had a great time. This is a panel from a white linen 50's style dress I got for $7! It's just about a half size too big so I'll have to get it altered a bit. These are some fabric finds - a cool blue Dutch print, a retro 50's graphic pattern, and an awesome polka dot. I'm so in love with this dot print. It's hard to see in the photo, but the way the dots repeat are so unusual, and it's on the most beautiful shade of mermaid green!
Also found some wooden letters from an old letterpress - I was super excited to get these.
We also scored a few wagashi (Japanese sweets) molds. Very hard to find. This one is a traditional Japanese motif - the moon rising over pine trees.......
...and this one is a kiku (chrysanthemum) which is our (my mom and I) birth flower.
What a fun day, very tiring, but fun. I slept like a rock. Now I can't wait to get sewing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What great finds, especially the wagashi molds! I used to be obsessed with learning how to make wagashi but I could never find much information.