Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Night Owls

Last night, Phil and I were so tired when we came home from work. So, we decide to go to bed at 9:45pm. And we slept alllll the way til.............11:15pm. It was so weird - be both just could'nt sleep anymore. So we got up totally refreshed and I ended up having a very productive night. I made a large placemat type thing for our little eating table. It's coated with that clear iron on vinyl.I also made this tote bag which I am very excited about. This past weekend was my first experiment with Bubble Jet! It was so much easier than I thought it would be. I printed one of Phil's drawings onto some army green ripstop. This is one of my FAVORITE drawings he has ever done - it's one of the characters from Seven Samurai named Kambei Shimada. See the original here. I really like that it looks vintage and faded. We're going to work on some more stuff over this long weekend. He's really excited about it too!
I also tried experimenting with a new shape for my fabric dishes. A rectangular , sunglass holder type size and shape. I also practiced using my machine embroidery on some natural colored 1 1/4" twill tape, to wrap presents with or something.
Yeah, so we ended up going to sleep at around 3am. But today was kind of a short day for everyone, so I had a bit of a nap.
Anyways, I gotta finish up my ornaments for the swap this weekend among other things. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: