Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sabado Gigante Part 5 or something..

My purchases from the Reform School - the pic won't load right for some reason

A Hearts Challenger sighting finally!!!!


My twenty-five cent yard sale find - resin bouqet!

For some reason, Phil and I woke up this morning with that strange and wonderful Christmas morning feeling. Like we had nothing to do but watch cartoons and eat breakfast and stay in our PJ's all day. Maybe it's because we've been so busy lately with work and other things - we are gonna just do nothing today!!

Sunset Junction was pretty fun yesterday. We got there around 1:30pm and parked way up in one of the surrounding neighborhoods. It was cool because a lot of the locals were having yard sales, knowing there would be major foot traffic in their neighborhood. We got a little resin bouquet and a vintage Star Wars pillow case - both were twenty five cents each, but Phil insisted on giving the guy $1 for each. Still a great deal.

The actual street fair was cool, I got to see the Hearts Challenger ice cream truck! My mom and dad came down too which was cool - they wanted to see my stuff! There were tons of street vendors - incense, buddha and ganesh statues, tie dye tees, etc. - and carnival style rides, 3 music stages.

My items were being sold at The Reform School. It's a really cool space - I bought a couple of pocket mirrors, one for me, one for a gift. I was excited to see my purses and pencil pouches hanging there next to Jill Bliss totes, and Lisa Congdon's beautiful artwork and fabric cuffs!

We stopped in the Giant Robot store and got Phil a hat. Also got to see the great Jen Corace exhibit in Junc Gallery. Then we all headed to J-Town for lunch at Curry House. A fun Saturday - but I took a two hour nap when we got home. :)

No comments: