Thursday, June 08, 2006

Totes and Notes

This is a guitar cake we made for my brother yesterday. It's a very belated birthday cake! My mom used that new cake pan spray that has FLOUR in it - look how clean it comes out.


Well here is a pic of the finished tote. It's about the perfect size to slip a magazine into. It's made from a heavy weight red burlap-ish (but smooth) type fabric. The corner inserts are a vintage-look nursery rhyme motif. I also have a covered button in the middle and an elastic loop. I decided not to post this one on Etsy however since it was experimental and I had some parts that I "fudged" a bit on. So I'm going to test this one out myself for the next couple of days and see if I like it well enough to make another. Those are some new metallic gold peep toe flats I picked up today!
Well off to take a nap - we're going to see our friend Todd Carey play at Hotel Cafe tonight at 10pm. Very excited, haven't seen him play live in a while. Check him out if you livc in the area.

No comments: