Saturday, May 20, 2006

Crewel!!!!

Well, as I mentioned before our move, I was just discovering the art of Crewel. Little did I realize that I actually have an intimate knowledge of Crewel. My mom had made a TON of Crewel pillows that we had around the house growing up. So, when she found out that I was interested in it, she busted out all these kits and supplies!!! Literally untouched by my mother's hands in at least 20 years! I know Crewel is having a resurgence, but they don't make these kits anymore that have that genuine 70's vibe.

Above are the instructions for a couple of cover cards for some pillow kits she had once, and a lot of Crewel thread. I love the Japanese pine tree design, I 'm thinking of recreating that somehow, even though we don't have the pattern anymore.

This is one my favorite! My mom had started this Chrysanthamum Crewel and now I can't wait to finish it. But I will document my progress every step of the way. You can see how each petal has a different pattern in it to indicate the direction of the yarn. This is a full kit, with the instructions and yarn.

This is another pillow my mom started - aqua linen with violets!!! It's so beautiful. It even came with purple fringe for trimming the pillow!

Well, off to enjoy this beautiful not-so-sunny day, it's good for walks in my opinion.

1 comment:

NINJAVITIS said...

Your resurrected hobby has got me in stitches. You get it stitches.....STITCHES!