Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Cretaceous!

Well, the past couple of days have been hectic with the usual Christmas frenzy - last minute gift wrapping, making, buying, giving and receiving, feeling guilty about receiving gifts without having anything to give in return, debating whether or not to try and scramble up some gifts, ultimately deciding to give a "New Years" gift instead and making up something about it being a Japanese tradition to give them their Christmas present on January 1st. And all the while trying not to lose the actual spirit and meaning of the holiday season. Today Phil and I thought he had a dentist appointment at 3pm and when we showed up, we were told it was that morning at 10am - even though I was and still am certain it was at 3pm - we ended up taking a spontaneous trip to the Museum of Natural History. Above is the beautiful rose garden where I spent a lot of my childhood.
This is one of the giant diorama-like scenes in the Hall of African Animals. Though the scenes are somewhat creepy and sad, it's all so nostalgic for me nonetheless. Phil's parents also took him here a lot when he was little, so we had a fun trip down memory lane.
Here's the tyranosaurus and stegosaurus in the center of the great hall. I just like the snowflake projections on the wall - even the dinos get to have Christmas.

We have a busy Christmas Eve tomorrow or today I should say. Phil's family dinner first and then off to mine! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do the New Years gift thing too!

Hope you had a Merry Christmas!