Sunday, October 15, 2006

Room For Squares

A square fabric dish made from this awesome paisley my mom just gave me.
An array of coasters

More fabric dishes


Fabric dish lined with a piece of vintage cloth rice bag

Fabric dish lined with a piece of vintage silk hankie

I had a very productive evening last night. I worked on a bunch of fabric dishes - I normally see these made from hard leather - but I tried a fabric version. I used heavy duty fusing to give them the structure they needed. I also made a bunch of fabric coasters from all my scraps. They have a bit of heavy sweatshirt fleece between the layers. All these squares meant I spent most of the night turning out the corners (ugh) but actually, it was'nt as bad as I thought it would be. Sometimes it's nice to get a whole lot of little things done, rather than working on one big thing for a long time. I'm hoping to get more done tonight


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I love those dishes! And so many, you are fast. The rice bag one is my favorite. These days it's so hard to find the rice bag fabric at least over here.