Saturday, August 19, 2006

To sleep, perchance to dream...

I can never resist star-shaped beads! I'm thinking of sewing them all over a tote - maybe a landscape with stars in the night sky. There are some cool flower ones in there too. I got them at The Bead Factory in the Trim District a couple blocks away.
A pinky/coral colored Anthurium

Some cool vintage cameos I found at my favorite haunt - Berger Beads. I've been going there as long as I can remember (at least 20 years) and those ladies still have not warmed up to me. Ah well, no skin off my nose.

Well it has been a busy week! I got another purse off to The Kids Are Alright, we've been preparing for the luau, and just trying to fit some sleep in in between. I actually fell asleep at 9:30pm last night!

Today Phil and I got up early (9am) to go to the LA Flower Mart. We got several bunches of orchids, a few bunches of haleconia and greens, and a couple of anthuriums - all for the luau tonight. As we were parking in front of the Mart, we had a very funny interaction with a homeless man we now know is named Andre. More about him another time......

No comments: